Today we had a huge snow storm. I got the boys all bundled up in there snow clothes and off they went. After they came in I had put some of their clothes by my fireplace to dry them off. I left the room (which I should not have done obviously) and James decided to add the pile of clothes and throws Jackson's snow pants next to the fire. Well, I came in and found this. The pants were melted to the fireplace and the glass was shattered. Needless to say, I had a brake down. I was on the phone with my sister Heather & all she said was "get your kids in their rooms before you kill them." We have since talked about the dangers of fireplaces and the boys hopefully, have learned their lesson. I just can't wait until tomorrow! Hopefully this is a lesson to all of you with fireplaces...never leave anything by them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Wholly #$#%$%^@!!!!!
That's about all I have to say. I think I might have just thrown my kid in with the snowpants....
Oh my gosh! You are having some serious bad luck! I don't even understand how that could happen!?...good thing you were on the phone with your sister, so your kids lived! :)
I'm glad I could help calm you down - I'm sorry I laughed!! They are SO cute though - at least you have that going for you right now!!
I don't even know what to say. Maybe this is why I shouldn't mind the emotional trauma...it's less costly. At least monetarily. Sheesh. Hang in there Melissa!
I say, just keep taking photos and remember....what goes around comes around. You will be laughing when your a grandma and thier kids do the same thing. :0
Melissa, I'm learning how to BLOG. Is this how I'm supposed to leave a comment? Do how did the glass break exactly. ok, talk to you later.
Post a Comment