Monday, October 6, 2008

Update on Sophie!






It's amazing how time flies by! It has already been over 2 weeks since I had little Sophie! She is doing great. She is now 3 lbs 8 oz. She is getting pumped with lots of fat to make her grow. She is taking a bottle when she will eat it. It is still really hard for her to do every feeding with the bottle. She just wears out so dang fast. She is eating 30 cc which is a little over 1 oz. They give her about a half hour to eat that. It's just so funny how you take eating for granted. With my other boys it was shove the bottle had eat boy. Now, we are just so grateful if she eats her one oz. I am hoping that she will be able to come home in 2 weeks. She has to reach 4 lbs and she has to be able to eat on her own. I can't wait to bring this little peanut home. I love her to death!

8 comments:

anjie said...

The pictures are precious! Thanks for sharing. You are on my mind. Please know I am happy to have your boys over. SERIOUS!

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh, that is so sweet. I love those pics. I gotta get back up there and see her. She is one tough little girl. So proud of her for growing so fast and good. I'll chat with you more later.

tiff said...

that must be so hard on you, I can imagine that it is hard to leave her at the hospital (though some nights I would have welcomed the idea) She is so cute!

Autumn said...

Love the pictures! I'm so glad she's growing so quickly! and I can't believe it's been TWO weeks!! Keep the updates coming!!

lindsee said...

Melissa I hope that all goes well. know that I am thinking of you often.

Natelli Johnston said...

OH my she is sooo dang cute! I am glad she is doing well. That is crazy!

Heidi said...

Melissa, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I have been where you have been, my twins had to stay in the hospital for a while also. I know the heart ache of walking out of the hospital empty armed and going back so many times that they all know you by name. I have been praying for you and your sweet baby girl, I hope she comes home soon so you can start your nonhospital life again.
Heidi Porter Robb

Jason and Kristin said...

Hey, is she home!!! Woo Hoo! For that post you just go to your picture folders and choose the 4th folder and then the 4th picture in that folder and post it. Silly huh, anything for entertainment. Besides, you are my favorite person to TAG. Love ya